Apple iPhone 7 Performance Issue
There are various factors that can cause your phone to perform slow, sluggish, not responding, or shuts down unexpectedly. Usually, these symptoms are triggered by faulty programs or applications installed. There are also other cases where these problems are tied to a memory glitch, like when the device is already running of storage space or has insufficient memory storage to carry out more processes. It’s exactly the same with a computer, which internal memory is running out. When this happens, the device would usually begin to show symptoms like boot loops, lagging, and not responding. But that is, of course, a faulty hardware does not exist.
How to fix slow iPhone 7
Considering that there is no physical or liquid damage to any of the iPhone components, the problem can still be remedied with some workarounds as outlined below. You may try any of the methods applicable to your condition.
Step 1. Soft reset your iPhone
If this is the first time you notice that your iPhone is getting sluggish while performing a certain task, a soft reset would usually get it fixed. It is a safe process as it does not erase any of your contents or data stored in your iPhone. For starters, here’s how to perform a soft reset on the iPhone 7:
- From the Home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key.
- When the Apple logo appears, release both keys.
- Wait for your iPhone to reboot completely and then test to see if it normally performs again.
Step 2. Check your iPhone’s memory status.
As what I have explained earlier, insufficient memory storage can also inflict slow performance or caused your iPhone to perform slower than usual, freeze, or even become unresponsive. If you think you already have stored a lot of new apps on your device, then go ahead and check its internal memory or clear up some space if needed. Here’s how to determine if your phone has low memory or not:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap General from the Settings menu options.
- Tap Storage & iCloud Storage.
Carefully check the details and ensure your device has enough storage space available. If the remaining storage space is significantly lower, then most likely the problem is due to a low memory. In this case, you can uninstall any unused or unnecessary apps so as to regain adequate storage space. For starters, follow these steps to uninstall or remove unnecessary applications from your iPhone:
- Tap and hold the app icon to be removed or uninstalled.
- When the app icon starts to shake or jiggle, tap the X next to the preferred app.
- Tap Delete to continue.
- Press the Home key to confirm the action.
- After that, the selected app is already gone and uninstalled.
Note: Some pre-installed apps on your iPhone 7 cannot be uninstalled. The aforesaid steps are only and mostly applicable to third-party apps.
It is highly recommended to close background apps when they are not in use so as to free up more space of your iPhone’s internal memory.
Step 3. Clear browser apps cache.
If the symptom appears while using Safari app or any other browsing app on your iPhone, then more likely what you are dealing with is actually a slow browsing issue. In this case, clearing the browser’s history, cache and data can potentially resolve the underlying problem.
Here are the steps to clear (Safari) browser cache on your iPhone 7:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll to and tap Safari.
- Scroll to and tap Clear History and Website Data.
- If prompted, tap Clear History and Data to continue.
- Wait for your iPhone to complete the process. After that, the browse cache is already cleared.
Step 4. Update your iPhone software.
Software updates are generally designed to optimize device performance. In this regard, make sure that your iPhone 7 is running the most recent iOS firmware. If you are not sure, you can check for software updates available for your device with the following steps:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll to and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the update download and installation.
- You can also update your iPhone software using iTunes.
Connect with Us
If you suspect that the problem is triggered by a faulty hardware like a physical or liquid damage is likely to present, then you can take your iPhone to an authorized service center nearby.
For more and latest updates on Apple products, keep visiting this space. However, if you are seeking authorized support for your apple products in Delhi/NCR, give us a call or write to us.
Until then… Be Safe & Keep visiting https://getyourapplesfixed.wordpress.com