Set Up Mobile Hotspot on your iPhone 7
Here’s how to share your mobile internet with other devices using your iPhone 7:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- From the Settings screen, tap Cellular.
- Next, tap Personal Hotspot.
Note: If you don’t see the Personal Hotspot option, then make sure the Mobile Hotspot feature is currently active on your account. If necessary, follow the onscreen prompts to add the Mobile Hotspot feature. Otherwise, contact your network carrier for further assistance.
- Continue by tapping the Personal Hotspot switch to enable or turn the feature on.
Note: In case you are prompted to turn on Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, just tap the option you prefer.
- Tap Wi-Fi Password and enter the password you want to use for your Mobile Hotspot.
- Be sure to note or remember the password and then tap done to save it.
- The personal hotspot should now be active. You can try to connect your other devices via Wi-Fi using your personal hotspot and see if it works.
Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on your other devices.
In order to connect via Wi-Fi using your personal hotspot, search for wireless networks on your other device and then select the one that matches your iPhone’s name.
The Wi-Fi network name is similar to that of the device name found in Settings-> General-> About.
Once you are connected, you may start browsing the Internet, download files, stream videos, and do other online stuff you want.